Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome 2015!

Happy New Year everyone! For all of you just starting to read my blog in 2015, welcome and thanks for checking it out! 

In 2014 this blog had 29 published posts with 869 page-views! Since I only started writing this year, I'm hoping next year will be even better! I'm going to try and diversify my topics a little bit, dabble, if you will, in some other areas. Here are some new categories I have in mind for 2015: 

Creature Features: Posts that are about a certain species (or group of animals) and their conservation.
Book Reviews: I've done two of these in 2014 already, and if I continue to read books that are relevant, I will certainly share. But at the moment, I'm reading Vanity Fair (great novel so far, by the way), and so there probably won't be any of these for a little while. 
News Reviews: Conservation, animal, wildlife, and environmental news stories! Super helpful in keeping up with terrestrial and aquatic current events. (Get it? Aquatic? Current? Ok, that one was a stretch....) 
Movie Reviews: A new fun category I thought of- looking at movies involving animals, and evaluating aspects such as scientific accuracy and relevance to conservation. AKA an excuse for me to talk about Finding Nemo. 
Dose of Disney: Speaking of Nemo, let me add some Disney to your day! I got a lot of positive feedback from my post on Pocahontas this fall, so why not keep it going?  *I am not affiliated with Disney in any way, so please don't sue me, Mickey. I'm a huge fan.* 
Guest Writers: Are you a nature lover? A writer? An I-have-everything-in-animal-print-because-I-love-cheetahs-and-zebras-er? I would love to get some fresh new ideas, so write a post for me! 

(I'm probably going to go back through my 2014 posts and title them with these categories where they apply, hopefully they will be convenient for you!)

Now, I admit I'm not a very technical person, but I just figured out I can add pages to my blog. So if you'll be so kind as to scroll to the top, right underneath my title banner, you'll see a tab that says About and I put a little description about this blog and its authors (me, myself and I). To get back to my blog posts again, simply click the page Home. In the future, I might add more pages...once I think of what kind of pages I should add!  

Alright, well that's it for now. Please keep checking back for new posts, I have a few I'm already drafting! As always, thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment