Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

News Review: Butterflies, Betty White, and More

Hello everyone! I hope your new year is off to a great start! One of my resolutions is to write more blog posts, so here we go- I've looked at some interesting articles on the interwebs and have summarized them very briefly here for your reading pleasure: 



Butterflies Going Extinct in the USA
Just like virtually every other animal species in the world (except squirrels) monarch butterfly populations are declining. The rate of loss is so dramatic, it's like "losing every living person in the United States except for those in Florida and Ohio". 



Bindi Irwin Grown Up
Well, this isn't really news, but Steve Irwin was a huge celebrity in the world of wildlife conservation and education. His daughter, Bindi, had her own TV show, and so to see her and her brother getting older tugs at my heart strings. 



The Pope and Climate Change
Pope Francis and his teachings are a huge influence on the lives of many people, and he plans on using that power for the good of the planet. I'll give a thumbs up to that!



Seagrass Is In Trouble
Not many people are familiar with the importance of seagrass. To be honest, many of the facts on the titled link surprised me, and I plan on writing more in detail on this subject sometime. For more info, go to Project Seagrass.



Flora and Fauna's Year in Review
I have mentioned Flora and Fauna International before, and found this article of theirs really informative about what has gone on in 2014 (they talk about United for Wildlife, too!). Betty White is one of their honorary directors, and she did a PSA commercial for them- check it out below! 



Thanks everyone for reading, and I'll be posting more soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment