Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Welcome!

Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by! This is What's Wild, where I will be posting information about wildlife, the environment, and current events. Please bear with me, as this is my first blog of my own, and I'll probably be playing around with settings and formats for a little while. I have written posts for another blog, voiceforsharks.blogspot.com, which is focused on sharks, rays, dolphins, and other marine animals (definitely check it out!). 

My goals for this blog are as follows:  to educate readers about what is going on in the world of wildlife, and to make them aware of many issues that need more attention, in the hopes of changing the world for the better. Yeah, I know "changing the world" sounds a bit cliche, but I blame Bill Nye the Science Guy for that one! I saw him speak once- it was magical- and he encouraged us all to "Go out and change the world!" So, Mr. Nye, here is my contribution (or attempt at one at least). 

I guess it would be fitting to introduce myself now (where are my manners?). My name is Chelsey, and I just graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, specializing in Zoology. Needless to say, I have a passion for animals, that has evolved from doting over pet goldfish as a child to volunteer bird banding in the Rocky Mountains to working in the zoo/aquarium/safari park world now. My love for animals has sparked a need to educate others about conservation, and even if I can't "change the world", I am still going to try to make a difference.   

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment